This policy was last updated on: November 22, 2018
Thank you for your interest in having Bluestocking Bookworm review your book.
As a blogger and influencer, it is important to retain my audience’s trust, so I try my very best to remain as open and honest as possible in my reviews. Review copies do not guarantee a positive review. All reviews are shared through Goodreads and social media links, which can be found in the sidebar. If requested, reviews can be posted on retail sites as well.
Please note that Amazon specifically does not like FTC disclosures, and may remove my review for containing it. FTC disclosures – which state that I recieved the book in exchange for an honest review – are an important part of my integrity as a blogger, and cannot be omitted.
I am currently CLOSED to unsolicited review requests.
Please include the following information in your request:
- Book Title
- Series (if applicable) NB: I absolutely do not read series out of order
- Publisher and Publication Date
- Information about the book – synopsis, genre, Goodreads, website, etc.
- Deadline if applicable – I request a minimum of a month to allow enough time to read, review, edit, etc.
- Additional information you would like me to know.
I will happily accept any format of ARC or finished copy for review. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Electronic copy (epub, mobi, azw, and pdf)
- Physical copy
- Edelweiss or NetGalley invitation
- Amazon Kindle Document – this requires me to add your email to my list of safe senders
Please note that I read equal amounts of Young Adult and Adult material.
- Fantasy (all subgenres)
- Science fiction (all subgenres)
- Historical fiction
- Women’s fiction
Genres NOT accepted:
- Romance (romantic elements are OK but I tend to avoid romance-centric books)
- Religion (including Christianity)
- War and military
Special Interest areas:
- Novels by marginalized authors
- Novels by Winnipeg authors
- Novels with asexual characters
- Novels with disabled characters
To fully understand if your book is right for the blog, I highly recommend viewing my most recent posts and reviews, which will give you a better understanding of my reading tastes and writing style.
I reserve the right to deny review requests for any reason. Any request that is denied will go unanswered.
Thank you for taking the time to read through my review policy. If you feel your novel fits the above requirements, please contact me via e-mail:
info [at] bluestockingbookworm [dot] com
I look forward to working with you!