Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the lovely Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl. This feature was created and formerly hosted at The Broke and the Bookish (which Jana was a part of), but the website as a whole is taking a bit of a hiatus. Please take a moment to pop over and say hi to Jana on her blog!
This week’s topic is My Top 10 Reading Goals/Resolutions for 2018. This is a fun topic, especially since I haven’t actually sat down and figured everything out that I want to do for 2018 yet. I am also going to split my resolutions into general reading and more blogging based ones. Shall we begin?
General Reading Goals
- Read a total of 100 books this year.
- Read more backlisted books. I am taking part in The Novel Knight’s Beat the Backlist challenge this year to help with this. A backlisted book is anything that was published in the year prior to the current year, or earlier. So, for 2018 this means reading anything from 2017 and before. You can find my sign up post here.
- Complete my divorce from Goodreads, and start using other methods to track my reading. This will also mean a COMPLETE redo of my home catalogue. Ugh.
- Choose different times to read through the day, not just before bed.
- Read more Canadian authors.
- Read more indie, small-press, and self-published authors.
- Continue to read diversely. No more than half of my books this year (50) are to be by straight white men. Read more POC and LGBTQIA+ stories.
- Get my NetGalley into better standing re: my review percentage, and keep my Edelweiss account in good standing. This is going to be aided by The 2018 NetGalley/Edelweiss Challenge, hosted by Bookish Things and More. You can find my sign up post for that challenge, and some numbers on my goals, here!
- Review books closer to when I finish them.
- Stop requesting new ARCs, unless they are something I am really looking forward to specifically. No more browsing and request sprees!
Do you have any goals for the year when it comes to your reading? How about your blog and reading? Comment below, and link me up to your Top Ten Tuesday!
Stay bookish, lovelies!