Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the fine folks over at The Broke and the Bookish. They totally rock, so check them out!
Top Ten Tuesday is on official hiatus for a few weeks because the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish very much deserve a break, and the main mastermind behind TTT is pregnant, and is having some issues with her pregnancy. So instead of dedicated themes/topics, we get two weeks of freebies! Instead of doing true freebies, I decided to go through the archives of topics from 2011. The first one I am going to do is from 2011 – Top Ten Authors I Would LOVE to Meet
- Seanan McGuire/Mira Grant – Ever since I discovered this author, I have wanted to meet her and give her a hug if she will let me. Because she is the best. And she is an amazing person, to boot.
- Patrick Rothfuss – Mostly I want to meet him to kick his ass so he will work on Book 3 of the Kingkiller Chronicles. But also because he seems like he would be fun to hang out with for a day.
- Sarah J. Maas – She has written one of my favorite series ever, and I would do anything for the chance to get to meet her.
- Sarah Addison Allen – Another author I love and respect and would just love to meet and hug.
- Neil Gaiman – This man is a genius. This man is the epitome of everything awesome. I would kill for five minutes with him. KILL. Like, a really big spider or something.
- J.D. Robb/Nora Roberts – I really love the In Death series. They are fantastic studies of character interaction, and they are super sexy. I really want to meet the mind behind these characters I love so dearly.
- Diana Wynne Jones – Someone who is sadly, no longer with us… I love her books so dearly and I would love to have discovered them a few years sooner so I could have told her how much I appreciated her.
- Anne Bishop – OK, you probably figured out by now that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Others series by Anne Bishop. And I would completely flip out if the opportunity to meet Anne Bishop ever presented itself.
- Guy Gavriel Kay – A Canadian author who writes amazing fantasy novels. I have actually had the opportunity to go to a Kay book signing, but I wasn’t able to make it. Next time, Gadget… NEXT TIME!
- V.E. Schwab – A newer author to my radar, Schwab is a classy person who writes amazing books. I would really love to meet her and get my books signed. Because she writes amazing stories that hurt SO GOOD.
So, bookish lovelies. Which authors would you LOVE LOVE LOVE to meet?