Hello, awesome nerds!
Early this week, Kirkus posted another really awful, tone-deaf review of a book with bisexual representation. They completely missed the point of bisexuality, and it was honestly just a trash fire.
Accurate image of the review!
The book they reviewed was Inkmistress by Audrey Coulthurst. And Twitter was having none of it. So, a lot of giveaways started. Audrey herself is hosting a bunch, as well as other authors who are either bisexual or have bisexual books. And I wanted to do one, too! But I wanted to do mine a little differently. I wanted to have the pool of books available for giveaway built by the people who would be entering.
I asked for submissions, recommendations, and nominations. And you all delivered! We have a whopping 42 books in the pool, with nominations coming in from Twitter, Facebook, Discord, and Tumblr. And one of you is going to be able to pick one of them to win for your very own!
The GREAT Bisexual Books
A small key for the symbols beside the books –
♦ = not yet released
▼ = bisexual rep more prominent later in the series
- Adaptation by Malinda Lo
- All the Feels by Danika Stone
- The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- Ash by Malinda Lo
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Bubblegum by Sari Taurez
- To Raise a Clenched Fist to the Sky by T. Thorn Coyle
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab ▼
- Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant
- Far From You by Tess Sharpe
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff ▼
- Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan ▼
- Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
- In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand ♦
- Inkmistress by Audrey Coulthurst ♦
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
- Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
- Chameleon Moon by RoAnna Sylver
- Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner
- The Seafarer’s Kiss by Julia Ember
- Otherbound by Corinne Duvyis
- Pantomime by Laura Lam
- Noteworthy by Riley Redgate
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
- How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake
- Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
- Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Abertalli ♦
- Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova
- Indigo Springs by A.M. Dellamonica
- Not Your Sidekick by C.B. Lee
- Ice Massacre by Tiana Warner
- Heart of Brass by Felicity Banks
- Pale Winter Sun by Michael R Collins
- River of Teeth by Sarah Gailey
Please be sure to note that as this pool was built by you all, I don’t have firsthand knowledge of the potential triggers contained within. Please do your research and know your limits. ♥
I know no one likes rules. But them’s the breaks.
- You do not have to be following me (on any platform) to win.
- This giveaway will run from Sunday, January 28, 2018 to Sunday, February 11, 2018.
- Winner will receive their choice of any one (1) book from the selection of 42 books posted on the giveaway blog post. Estimated retail value of this prize is $15 CAD. Actual value of the prize is not to exceed $25 CAD. The book received may not be exactly as shown on giveaway post.
- In the instance that the book promoted is a part of a series, you may select any other book in that same series as your prize.
- You must be from a country where either Book Depository or Wordery ships for free.
- You must respond within 48 hours of being contacted for the giveaway to claim your prize. If you do not respond within 48 hours, you will forfeit your prize and a new winner will be drawn.
- You must be over the age of 18 or have parental consent to enter.
- Your shipping address will be used for the sole purpose of sending your prize to you. It will not be sold, traded for magic beans, or used for any other purpose. Once the prize has been received, your address will be destroyed from my records.
Bluestocking Bookworm is henceforth and forevermore released from any and all liability related to this giveaway. I promise to place the order for your selected book via either Book Depository or Wordery. Whatever happens after that, including but not limited to – the book arriving late, being lost in transit, arriving damaged, a pre-ordered book not arriving on the release date, you disliking the book, you being triggered by the book, or the book not being exactly as shown are beyond my control. In the case of a book arriving damaged or being lost, I will do my best to work with the shipping company to obtain a replacement, but if they can’t help you, neither can I.
If you have any questions about the giveaway or the terms outlined here, please e-mail me: info [at] bluestockingbookworm [dot] com
By entering the contest, you agree to the above rules.
Editing to add: I will be contacting the winner via the e-mail provided in Rafflecopter.