So, tomorrow is the readathon. It starts at 7:00am CST (my local time) and goes through until Sunday. Today is a day to prep, plan, and freak out because WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!
I am fairly certain I did the last round of Dewey’s Readathon. I was pretty stoked, and I decided fairly on-the-spot that time, too. But I learned a lot from it, and I hope in learning that I can do even BETTER this year. I mean, I am only competing with myself, but that is the best competition!
My Readathon TBR
I am fairly certain one of the posts tomorrow will be about my TBR, but I wanted to nail it down a bit here, first. A lot of what I am aiming to read this time around is novellas, and I happen to have a lot of novellas for review. This may be a Very Bad Idea, but only time will tell!
- Down Among The Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire (176 pages)
- Final Girls by Seanan McGuire (112 pages)
- Agents of Dreamland by Caitlin R. Kiernan (112 pages)
- In Calabria by Peter S. Beagle (176 pages)
- The Asylum of Dr. Caligari by James K. Morrow (192 pages)
- Rise by Mira Grant (644 pages)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (320 pages)
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (404 pages)
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman (262 pages)
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (498 pages)
My Readathon Obstacles
The dog — Mr. Blue is working tomorrow, so it will be up to me to take care of little miss. She is usually content to hang out with me, but she does demand attention and playtime a fair bit.
The cold of doom — My entire family is sick right now, all with this same awful cold. I have been spending a lot of time sleeping and feeling like absolute yuck, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out tomorrow.
Video games — One of my favourite video games just updated this week, so I have been enjoying some time on that. As well, if I ever get bored with my book, I tend to grab my phone and play solitaire or something, and then it is an hour later and I am wondering why I am dreaming of solitaire games…
What do you even eat during a readathon? I am going to need snacks, STAT!
Have you ever participated in a readathon, either Dewey’s or another one? Any tips, tricks, or advice to offer?
Stay bookish, lovelies!