In which I fell asleep for a bit and woke feeling VERY refreshed, and am still working on my first read of the day.
I will be posting a few mini-challenges here throughout the day, but I just wanted to say that my first read, The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emilie Skrutskie is SO GOOD and I recommend it if you like sea monsters, grey areas of morality, girls who like girls, or just awesome stories. I am DEVOURING it.
The post on the Official Readathon Site has us setting goals for the rest of the day.
- Number of pages you want to read in the second quarter. Approximately that many.
- Number of cheers you’ll send out to fellow Readathoners on Twitter or social media. A whole bunch!
- Amount of caffiene you’ll consume to stay alert. A large kiddie pool full.
- Number of mini-challenges you aim to enter. ALL OF THEM, PRECIOUS!
- How much fun you’ll have. One metric ton.
I am approaching this readathon in a way that makes it more fun and less stressful. And that is without pressuring myself. I don’t want to set unattainable goals. Instead I am taking the day away from the computer (updates aside) and just letting myself bask in the beauty that is a full day of reading.