So, one of the books I am currently reading (in a mad dash to get it back to the library on time) is Boneshaker by Cherie Priest.
I am enjoying it. I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it. Something about the writing isn’t pulling me right into the story. But the story is so damned interesting, and the characters are so likeable that I am keeping at it. I am just shy of halfway through, and if you click the jump, I will share some of my predictions with you.
– Leviticus is still alive.
– Briar is definitely privy to more than she is letting on about the whole Boneshaker incident.
– There is something Very Important about the blight gas. I think it can be cured. Or used for good. Or something.
– Maybe they will use the blight gas to swing the war. This IS alternate history.
– Did the Russians actually pay Leviticus to do exactly what he did? I kind of think so.
– Maynard is still alive. I know, I know, she buried him. But he’s gotta be around somewhere.
If you’ve read this book, don’t spoiler it for me. But did you like it??