I have had some messages (anonymous, of course) and subtweets (from old “friends”) that have called my character into question because of my post. I can’t believe that this needs to be said, but there you have it. People will always look for ways to vilify you, regardless of how clear you are making yourself. So in one last effort to make myself ABUNDANTLY clear as crystal…
- I have absolutely zero problem with the act of reviewing and calling out problematic books.
- I do not think the above is censorship. I also do not think it is censorship if a blogger does not recommend the book, or doesn’t post buy links or whatever.
- What I DO think is censorship is when the review steps into the realm of trying to stop a book’s publication.
- I never stated anything along the lines of “THINK OF THE POOR AUTHORS, YOU MONSTERS!” Never.
- I absolutely think we need more marginalised representation in all levels of publishing. That was never in question.
- Everybody is pro-censorship at some level, and that is OK. (in case you didn’t read my comment)
If you have any more questions about my take on this, the comment field is right there, and my Twitter inbox is always open. I won’t be responding to any more subtweets or anonymous messages, though. ♥
Stay bookish, lovelies!