I am currently accepting pitches for books for review. I can’t promise that I will accept your pitch, but chances are if you follow my very few guidelines, all will be well.
**Please note, I am not currently accepting pitches for self-published books**
My Rating System:
★★★★★ (five stars) – Amazing. Please read this book immediately so we can talk about it.
★★★★ (four stars) – Excellent. I would recommend this.
★★★ (three stars) – A good and entertaining read.
★★ (two stars) – I would probably recommend borrowing this book over buying it.
★ (one star) – I didn’t enjoy this book at all.
I don’t have many dedicated followers on bluestockingbookworm.com, however every new post generates a minimum of 20 new views. I cross-post all of my content to Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter. I also post all of my reviews to Goodreads. I have just switched to self-hosting, and therefore am re-building my follower count. However, my Tumblr followers number over 17,000.
– I am only one person running this blog, so please understand that it isn’t always possible to accept or respond to every pitch, or to post a review for every pitch accepted.
– I offer my honest and respectful opinion. Nothing more, and nothing less. I do participate in book clubs, and if I feel the book is appropriate and will be liked by the majority, I will suggest it. I don’t control what we read, however, and I don’t guarantee anything.
– I am currently applying to build a Little Free Library in my yard. If I enjoy your book and would like a physical copy for the LFL, I will contact you.
– If I do not finish the book, I promise I will at least have given it a good shot.
– The following formats are acceptable: Hardcover, Softcover, Epub/PDF. I have a slight preference for e-books due to space limitations, but I still love printed books. I absolutely will not read and review something available exclusively for Kindle/Amazon. (E-book only is fine, but must be multiple format)
– Please do not pitch to me and ask me to buy your book. I can’t afford to buy the books I want to buy for me. Sorry. (The same goes for shipping.)
– If your book is not yet released, it will take top priority on my list. I will do everything within my powers to have it read and reviewed as soon as it is in my hands. If it is a released book, I can make no guarantees as to when the review will happen. If you have a specific timeline in mind, please mention it in your pitch.
– I do not, under any circumstances, read series out of order.
Genres (in no order):
I definitely like:
– Fantasy (high, sword and sorcery, satire, urban, etc.)
– Science Fiction
– Historical Fiction (specifically Tudor England focused, but pitch me and we will talk!)
Pitch me, and we’ll talk:
– Young Adult (I generally love this genre, but I can be picky.)
– Contemporary / Literary Fiction
Not a huge fan of:
– Self Help